Temporary Foreign Workers and students who graduated with a Canadian educational credential are eligible to apply under “Canadian Experience Class” for permanent resident status while living in Canada. As a Canadian experienced human resource they are considered to be more familiar with Canadian society and contribute to Canadian economy. Temporary Foreign graduate working in Canada may also be eligible to apply for permanent residence under this class. You must meet the following Minimum requirement.
- A temporary worker with at least two years of full time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or
- A foreign graduate from a Canadian post secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
You must meet these minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. You mustPlan to live outside the province of Quebec
- A foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
- Have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization.
- Apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada
- This work experience according to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means work in either of the following:
- Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or
- Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
- Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)
When you apply as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution with Canadian work experience, your application will be assessed on three requirements if you apply as a temporary foreign worker
- Your work experience and
- Your ability in English or French.
- Your education
Eligibility for Students to apply for Permanent Residency under Canadian Experience Class after studying & working in Canada