This Canadian immigration Self Employed Program is designed to attract those applicants who intend and are able to become self employed in Canada. Self employed persons who intend to live in Quebec are not eligible under this program and should apply under the Quebec Self-Employed Program.
To qualify for this program, applicants must have the relevant experience, intention and ability to either
- Make a significant contribution to the cultural or sporting life in Canada as artisans or as athletes at an international level; or
- Purchase and manage a farm in Canada.
Relevant Experience is defined as:
- At least two years experience of participation in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level;
- At least two years experience of self-employment in cultural activities of athletics; or
- At least two years of farm management experience
Canada’s stable economy and well-built financial system make it attractive place for seasoned business people throughout the world to immigrate and establish their businesses. The business immigration program is formulated to encourage and facilitate the admission of successful business people who are seeking new opportunities.
To be eligible as a self-employed, one must have relevant experience of at least two years in the period beginning five years before the date of application in cultural activities or athletics or farm management. The self-employed immigrant must has the intention and ability to be self-employed in Canada by making a significant contribution to Canada’s cultural activities or athletics or through purchase and management of a farm.