Self Employed Program
This Canadian immigration Self Employed Program is designed to attract those applicants who intend and are able to become self employed in Canada. Self employed persons who intend to live in Quebec are not eligible under this program and should apply under the Quebec Self-Employed Program.
To qualify for this program, applicants must have the relevant experience, intention and ability to either
Relevant Experience is defined as
Canada’s stable economy and well-built financial system make it attractive place for seasoned business people throughout the world to immigrate and establish their businesses. The business immigration program is formulated to encourage and facilitate the admission of successful business people who are seeking new opportunities.
To be eligible as a self-employed, one must have relevant experience of at least two years in the period beginning five years before the date of application in cultural activities or athletics or farm management. The self-employed immigrant must has the intention and ability to be self-employed in Canada by making a significant contribution to Canada’s cultural activities or athletics or through purchase and management of a farm.
Do you know?
95% of international students recommend Canada as a study destination!
Self Employed Program Faqs !
The Federal skilled worker class is a system based on points which gives permanent resident status to qualified applicants who show an ability to become economically established in Canada. There are six main selection factors for assessment which comprise of 100 points. Scoring 67 out of these 100 points makes the candidate eligible for the main selection process in which candidates with a lesser age, higher education, more work experience and a high band of IELTS score qualify to receive the invitation.
Applications submitted under the Federal skilled worker class undergo a two-stage assessment process.
To qualify under the First-Stage, skilled worker applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Eliminatory condition:
- Possess at least one year of applicable experience in one of 50 major high demand occupations (health, skilled trades and finance) OR
- Possess an approved offer of “Arranged Employment”; OR
- Legally living in Canada for a minimum of one year as a temporary foreign worker and have received a permanent full time employment offer from current employer; OR
- Are enrolled in good standing in a Canadian PhD program and have completed at least two years of the program or graduated within the 12 months preceding the application.
- Applicants who meet one of the above eliminatory conditions will be eligible for continued processing as a skilled worker under a second-stage at which time they must also meet each of the following essential selection conditions:
- Essential selection conditions:
- Possess one-year, within the previous 10 years, of suitable continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment; AND
- The work experience must be classified within Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations), Skill Level A (Professional Occupations), or Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades) within the meaning of the National Occupational Classification system; AND
- Score sufficient points under the skilled worker point grid comprising of six selection factors. The current pass mark is 67 points; AND
- Possess suitable settlement funding; AND
- Undergo a successful security background and medical examination.