USA Application Process
- International students often underestimate the amount of time required to apply for admission to a college or university in the United States. You can avoid this mistake by setting a good start schedule before you plan to start your studies.
- When setting up your timetable, always remember that starting the process early is the best way. You will need to devote sufficient time to properly researching an institution and / or program that will best serve your educational and professional goals. You must then meet the deadline for the universities you apply to, which may be up to 10 months before the start of the school term.
- Particularly for schools with competitive admissions, the application process takes a lot of time and effort. You will need to write personal statements and ask for recommendations from teachers or others who know you well. Even if you are applying online via Common Application, you will want to get started early. University websites and other educational Web sites may provide you with quick and easy access to the required application forms, but you still need time to research your options, consult with educators and institutions to provide recommendations and documents, and sign up for the required entrance exams to meet the application deadline.
Do you know?
You cannot apply for F1 Student Visa 3 months prior the start of your course!
This application timeline will help you plan out your 18 months leading up to studying in the USA.
- Research various colleges and universities programs
- Register and prepare for required entrance exams
- Keep working hard in school
- Consider receiving admissions counseling guidance from an educational consulting company
- Choose the schools to which you will apply
- Obtain all necessary information and forms for each school
- Prepare for and take all required entrance exams
- Re-request forms if necessary
- Identify your references and supply them with required reference forms
- Request school transcripts
- Write your application essay
- Retake entrance exams if scores were unsatisfactory
- Line up all required financing
- Complete and submit all college applications
- Apply for your student visa
- Research health insurance options for your time abroad
- Make travel arrangements for when you arrive in the U.S.
- Important things to consider during this time
- Final preparation for your trip to the U.S.
- Ways to get ready for your classes before arriving
Application Process Faqs!
Almost all schools in US required the following for admission:
- Transcripts & Certificates
- GRE and TOEFL score
- Personal Statement
- Letters of recommendation
The university or college where you have been accepted will issue you an I-20 form.
Required TOEFL score for admission in the university is 90 and 305 in GRE
Free Student Assessment
Please Complete our free online student assessment form and one of our academic counsellor will contact you shortly to discuss your study options.